Main Conveyancing Services:
- Prepare all documentation, everything from obtaining your NIE number to the Private Purchase Contract.
- Routine background checks for the property on the Spanish registry including a land registry check, we will inform you if there are any charges, mortgages, council taxes or community fees registered on the property.
- Taxes – Our team will check the fiscal value of the property for tax purposes. After completion and signing at the notary, our team will make sure all the correct taxes have been paid and the Escritura is sent to the registry.
- Habitation Certificate and Energy Certificate.
- Calculation breakdown of every cost, we only move forward with the completion if you are happy.
- Full day of support on the day of completion at the notary.
- If you cannot be in Spain on the day of the completion of the sale of your property, we also provide a Power of Attorney service. This service allows us to sign for you on the day of completion at the notary.
- Currency Exchange – HomeFinance can also arrange for your completion cheque to be exchanged in the currency of your choice.
- After-purchase and after-sales services are available for our clients.
- Translation services are available throughout the conveyancing procedure and for any other property or legal services you might require.
- If applicable, we can also organize to have your 3% retention fee refunded. For more – What is the 3% retention fee in Spain?
- Local searches: Commission of local searches via the town hall to see if any planning applications in the local area will affect your property.
- Spanish bank account: HomeFinance can close your Spanish bank as part of our conveyancing service if you have granted us Power of Attorney.
- Property Surveys: HomeFinance can organize private surveys to be carried out from a professional surveyor or an architect. This includes, arranging quotations, translating and organizing the visit with the architect/surveyor. We will translate these surveys for you, so you are fully aware of every detail.
- Non-resident tax return: Our team can also help you with your non-resident tax return and other tax related issues. For more – Do I have to make a non-resident tax return in Spain?