At HomeFinance Spain, we offer comprehensive Health Insurance for expatriates. We have a wealth of experience with our community of trusted healthcare partners.
For a full, comprehensive list of all medical services that are included in our health insurance – get in touch and we will explain the different plans that we have to offer!
In depth cover which allows you anticipate illness. All of the protection of the Standard cover, plus added coverage and preventative medical check ups.
Protection with the most comprehensive medical directory. For medical insurance that gives you complete support and assurance, the master protection is the right choice for you.
The elite cover that protects your well-being. For complete free choice of doctors with cost reimbursement – select the top health insurance.
HomeFinance Spain provide our clients with Health Insurance Certificates to use with their visa applications for residency in Spain.
We do not require you to come to our offices to get the health insurance contract – this can all be done over the phone and via email with one of dedicated insurance specialists.
Yes, private Spanish health insurance for non-residents is highly recommended. If you do not qualify for free Spanish health insurance, then you will have to organise private health care.
EU citizens applying for residency in Spain may be required to produce evidence of private or public healthcare insurance. Our team of insurance specialists can also discuss the documentation you need to apply for residency in Spain.
• If you are a resident in Spain and work in employment or self-employment and pay social security contributions, you will be entitled into the Spanish healthcare system.
• If you are a resident in Spain and are receiving certain state benefits, you will qualify for Spanish healthcare.
• If you are a resident in Spain and have recently divorced or separated from a partner who was registered with social security, you will be entitled to Spanish healthcare.
• State pensioners qualify for entry into the Spanish healthcare system.
• Also, if you are staying in Spain temporarily and have an EHIC card, you are entitled to Spanish healthcare.
If you do not qualify for the Spanish national health care system, we highly recommend you take out Private Health Insurance.
EU residents are entitled to free health care while in Spain for the first three months of their stay, so long as they can provide an EHIC (European Health Insurance Card). This card entitles them to receive medical treatment at the same cost as a Spanish national. This will cover any immediate treatments needed. However, medical conditions that do not require immediate treatment might incur charges.
Anyone who is in receipt of a UK state pension, long-term incapacity benefit or bereavement benefit will be eligible for the same medical treatment as a local in Spain. In order to register for this, you need to obtain an S1 form from the International Pension Centre (IPC) in Newcastle. This needs to be filled in and presented, along with your Registration Certificate (Certificado de registro) and your local resident certificate (Certificado de Empadronamiento), and passport to your local INSS office. They will issue you with an accreditation to take to your local health centre.
• You must have a bank account in Spain to be able to receive medical insurance in Spain.
• A Spanish address.
• Have a NIE/NIF or passport.